American Naval Seaplane Base and a lease of 21 years

Default Image

Several years before the war, the possibility of moving to Crawley had been actively canvassed. In 1939 the proposed site became an American Naval Seaplane Base for the duration of the war. After the war, the Club actively pressured all Government and local authorities to gain a lease on the Crawley site. In 1952 after protracted and frustrating negotiations, a 21 year lease was granted. The building of a new Club House commenced late in 1952

Go Back
X
X